Thursday, 1 April 2010

Motherland.

I've only recently got around to telling you about my trip to China, because i have to settle back into Singapore (and it's humidity).
Okai, I also got a bit lazy.
But I realised, this is the first time I've been to China so I've got to document it.

I'd like to start off by saying.
Chinah was awesomezxzxzxzxz~!
yea.
I think it is, really.

FOOD there was awesome~!
hardly did any shopping. My dad and i were just out and about looking for food.
Food over goods, man. Food over goods.

Despite all the awesomeness, I undoubtedly had trouble communicating.__.
Let me illustrate to you my awesome communication skillz. I tell you I can slay ladies with these skillz.

Note: the lady says everything in Mandarin

Lady at airport: excuse me are you taking the bus, is there a bus that goes to (whatever place that was)? <-- A double barreled question which inevitably threw me off course.__.
Naomi: O_O
Lady: mm, are you taking the bus out?
Naomi: *forms an answer in my mind* *attempts to answer question* *opens mouth* --- *connection lost* ----- *mouth hangs open making a sorry excuse for a gawk* --- *awkward silence*
Lady: *makes a face* can you speak Mandarin?
Naomi: *chokes* *gives up* No, wo bu hui.
Lady: *laughs and walks away*
Naomi: *mentally slapping myself*

yea, the story of my life.
.___. thing was i understood her, but i couldn't reply her. Please imagine my frustration, hesitation and confusion all flourishing mercilessly at that single moment.
A mind spaz ending with an embarrassing gawk.
I truly felt like a failure .__.
couldn't even answer a simple question liddat.

but
Anyhoo, the best thing about the entire trip was that I got to spend it with my dad.
Good ol' father and daughter bonding time.
It's amazing how so much wisdom and knowledge could be stored in one man. (things he said made alot of sense to me luh at least)

Oddly or not, the part I enjoyed the most was sitting down together with him in the room, doing quiet time. He has all these questions and answers that are so intellectually and spiritually stimulating. It just felt great to be conversing so spiritedly with him.

I sincerely thank God for my Dad, thank him whole-heartedly for putting such wise council in my life. Don't get me wrong though, I've always been thanking God for my Dad just that now my gratefulness is at it's epitome.
And also thank God, quite simply, for providing for us. Leaving for China was hardly easy, and yet God did his thing and here we are with a trip to China under our belts. =)

No comments: